2012 is well and truly over, and it was a good year, with a lot of good films, music, books, and TV, so I thought I’d do a short round-up of my favourites!
Amy has already done a Top 10 Films of 2012 post, but these were my favourite five:
1. The Amazing Spider-Man
2. The Avengers Assemble
3. Cabin In The Woods
4. The Watch
5. The Dark Knight Rises
+ Country Strong (Not out this year, but I saw it for the first time, and it was brilliant!)
The best albums of 2012 is difficult! I am rubbish with songs because I most often play my “New” playlist, which is usually the last 25 songs I downloaded, so it’s hard to remember what was out previous to about September, but I’ve tried my best to remember!
1. The Killers – Battle Born (best song: Here With Me)
2. Jason Mraz – Love is a Four Letter Word (best dong: Frank D. Fixer)
3. Taylor Swift – Red (best song: Everything Has Changed featuring Ed Sheeran)
4. Maroon 5 – Overexposed (best song: Sad or Lucky Strike)
5. Train – California 37 (best song: This’ll Be My Year)
+ Carly Rae Jepsen – Tug of War (this album is not from 2012, but it’s amazing, and I only heard who Carly Rae Jepsen was after she released Call Me Maybe this year, so for me this has been a great choice from this year!)
As I said in my New Year’s Resolutions post, I consider one of my hobbies to be watching TV! I know it’s lame and boring, but I enjoy it, and I don’t have to leave home or pay anything to do it! I reckon the best TV shows that have kept me on the sofa this year are:
1. Doctor Who (it was sad to see the end of Amy and Rory, but it was done so well! Also, one of the episodes had dinosaurs in it; obviously going to be awesome!)
2. Sherlock (how on Earth is Sherlock going to pull it round from that ending to the series?!)
3. New Girl (Everything about this show is brilliant!)
4. Made In Chelsea (what can I say, I love trashy TV?!)
5. Suburgatory (thought it was rubbish when it started, but really got into it!)
+ Frozen Planet (I’m not sure if this was 2012 or 2011, so I’ve put it as the cheeky bonus, but it is literally the best thing to hit TV this decade so far -according to me)
I haven’t read that many books this year, and have been massively disappointed by two of the books I have read, so I am not going to share any more about those! However, I did read The Hunger Games trilogy this year, and it was brilliant, so I highly recommend those books!